Sunday, March 1, 2015

Art Museum

1.  Albert Bierstadt's painting called The Marina Piccola is my favorite work in the museum.  I really like the way the sun shines off the water as well as the setting. It is on a beach with some rock cliffs on the side.

Another painting that had an impression on me was James Hart's Catskill Creek.  It shows a small creek running through the woods.  I love the outdoors and being in the woods.  The outdoors have been a huge part of my life.

2. One work I felt a connection with was called Cory Arcangel.  It is a picture of a MIG 29 fighter jet.  I have always been very interested in planes especially fighter jets. Whenever there are airshows I always go.

Another work I felt a connection with was Robert Bakewells's Niagara Falls.  I live not even 10 minutes from the falls. I spend alot of time in the Niagara River fishing and jet skiing.  This painting connects with me in many ways.

3. One work I would like to know more about is The Shipwreck by Jean Henry d' Arles.  I thought this was an interesting painting.  It depicts a wrecked ship on some rocks in a bad storm.  I would like to more about the ship that wrecked and maybe the people who were on it. Did they get caught in the storm?

I would also like to know more about Claude Monet's Chemin de Halage a Argenteuil. It is an interesting painting. I would like to know what place is depicted and why he did.





4 comments:

  1. You picked some very cool pieces to talk about for this project. You have a very nice landscape theme going on it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your love of the outdoors and being in the woods by the paintings you chose. They are very nice, and the plane was a blast of color compared to the landscapes. -Diane Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful pieces of artwork. I can tell you like the outdoors! These are the kind of paintings that I could stare at forever, and find peace. The same as if one were to go take a walk to clear their mind. It is amazing when artwork can have that effect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the artwork you chose to photograph. You did a wonderful job in capturing the essence of each image. The Marina Piccola was also my favorite painting so I'm very excited you photographed that one. I also love that you found a personal connection to the pieces you photographed. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete